The topics dominating this Sunday morn are NHS incompetence, the way the unvaxxed were treated plus the vaxxes being destructive, Somalis … and some crazy alert through people’s phones. Let’s go with some crazy alert.



I was amazed by what I read … I don’t mean that it was possible … it is, they tried it on before if you recall … no it’s just how incompetent, mendacious, malicious people in control of our lives now and drunk on the power are able to disrupt people in their daily lives, let alone within their homes.
So let’s look at that. For a start, I have a dumbphone only, no smartphone. That helps. Plus I live high on a hill, away from people. Having said that, I can still hear people a hundred yards away if it’s loud, which this “alert” appeared to be. Plus I’m unsocial.
Not antisocial, otherwise I’d not be writing to you lot right now … just not bothering with social intercourse face to face … again because I’m using the time more wisely in writing to you lot.
(Wonderful expression, that … “you lot” … I must thank Tice one day.)
Anyway, why not go the dumbphone route instead, leave your net surfing to your home ipads or whatever? Still, what would I know?
My dumb phone received the panic alert, didn't matter to me one way or the other. All surfing t'internet is on old tablets.and a new difficult to fathom iPad.
ReplyDeleteSteve
ReplyDeleteA simple text message would have sufficed.
Good that so many appear to have switched the intrusions off.
ReplyDeleteI don't get the alerts. The wife and her mates at Bingo were most displeased by all the phones going off while a game was being called, especially as it was about something as non-emergency as "don't use disposable BBQs" rather than an impending nuclear attack (doubt even that would have stopped the Bingo: they're serious players). Time to win one more game before armagedon. Lol.
ReplyDeleteI smell another COVID-style nudge experiment, especially as the rules make no sense.
A man in Wales has already been fined for using a disposable BBQ in his own garden on a concrete patio, on a table. If he'd used a normal BBQ that would be ok. But a disposable one is a fineable offence under exactly the same circumstances. Madness. And an indication that the Police are a revenue-generating operation now and don't apply common sense.
His Nazi neighbours dobbed him in. Hope no one is hiding from persecution in his attic.
I suggest that he reports them for driving over 20mph with video evidence. Or I'm sure that in the People's Democratic Cymru there must be a plethora of rules and regulations for which they can be dobbed in.
DeleteProof too that the UK is ripe for a brutal authoritarian dictatorship with the Ploddlu Cymru champing at the bit as the New Welsh Stasi.