Sunday, 16 August 2026

In praise of dumbphones

The topics dominating this Sunday morn are NHS incompetence, the way the unvaxxed were treated plus the vaxxes being destructive, Somalis … and some crazy alert through people’s phones. Let’s go with some crazy alert.


I was amazed by what I read … I don’t mean that it was possible … it is, they tried it on before if you recall … no it’s just how incompetent, mendacious, malicious people in control of our lives now and drunk on the power are able to disrupt people in their daily lives, let alone within their homes.

So let’s look at that. For a start, I have a dumbphone only, no smartphone. That helps. Plus I live high on a hill, away from people. Having said that, I can still hear people a hundred yards away if it’s loud, which this “alert” appeared to be. Plus I’m unsocial.

Not antisocial, otherwise I’d not be writing to you lot right now … just not bothering with social intercourse face to face … again because I’m using the time more wisely in writing to you lot.

(Wonderful expression, that … “you lot” … I must thank Tice one day.)

Anyway, why not go the dumbphone route instead, leave your net surfing to your home ipads or whatever? Still, what would I know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

A reminder, dear reader, that you're welcome to comment as Anon but if so, please invent a moniker to appear somewhere in your text ... it tells Watchers nothing, it does help the readers.