Wednesday 16 October 2024

No, Veronica, We Really Aren’t. We just Want You To Stay In Your Lane...

Let’s admit it: cisgender people are really curious about us trans women. They want to know things such as: what’s it like to have a surgeon rearrange your genitals? How did you know you were really a girl all along? Does it suck having to be on the downside of sexism now?

As a 'cis woman' (translation: normal, genuine female) I can honestly say I'd rather not know any of those things, any more than I'd want to know the details of any other mental patient's delusions. But since the driving force amongst so much of the trans lobby is narcissism...

For our own part, trans women are curious about cisgender folk, too. We want to know things like: do you actually think I’m female, or am I just a deluded guy in a dress to you? If I try to have a beer at your bar, will you violently assault me? Am I ever going to get to use a public bathroom again?

The answers are: the latter, probably not, as a genuine female I'm not physically aggressive, and yes, of course you can, but it should be the gents. 

This column is, of course, generated because of the 'documentary' where Will Farrell goes on a road trip with his old friend who is now believing himself to be a woman. Some friend you are, Will. If he was an alcoholic, you'd no doubt be taking him to a distillery.

... throughout the movie, she is game to answer any of the questions the cis world has for her, and she even gives Ferrell complete carte blanche to ask her anything whatsoever. She doesn’t give any indication that she feels the sense of violation that many of us do feel at such personal invasions.

Because the driving force for this trend appears to be severe narcissism; it's the thing that all 'trans men' appear to have in common. 

I understand that intense desire to make yourself comprehensible to the world, to have it hear the story of your life that has been hidden for decades, to share all the pain you’ve tucked away. When I watched Will & Harper, I really wished that Ferrell might have stopped to ask himself why his friend seemed so eager to tell him about every last personal detail of her life and why she was willing to expose herself to one dangerous situation after another during their road trip.

Because narcissism, 'Veronica', that's why. 

I was one of the fortunate ones who managed to reclaim my pass back into humankind, and now I have the immense privilege of getting to decide who exactly is safe enough to inform about my past. Those who aren’t that fortunate have to do their best to find a place in a world where we’re a widely misunderstood, stigmatized and increasingly vilified 1% of the population.

The Eternal Victim... Move over Scousers, there's a new one in town.

2 comments:

  1. The only thing I want to know about these people is why aren't they seeking treatment for mental illness? In fact, I have the same question for all those in the so-called medical professions who are involved in perpetuating this madness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if there is a central dictionary or compendium of phrases these people use to justify their actions?
    As far as toilets are concerned, the best picture of which door to go through, is of a bolt on one, and a nut on the other. This should, in my view, be in world wide use.
    Penseivat

    ReplyDelete

Unburden yourself here: