Saturday 20 April 2024

Blogging, tweeting, gabbing, other online media

As primarily a blogger since 2006, a prolific one with quite a few fellow contributors/patrons, our perspective online is going to be a bit different to a young instagram or snapchat girl, maybe even a vlogger who loves “shorts” and sees $$$$$$s as the main reason to exist online … or those who drone on and on for an hour before getting to the point … any point … or the dreaded podcasts which go on and on and on and on while we await the data.

For me, X and Gab are interwoven with the blogs … the idea being to take the fast 140 character summaries and explore them in more depth for the blog. The blog, X or Gab format is vastly better because we can scroll down or click out when we want, whereas on vlogs or podcasts, we’re eternally going at their pace, way too slow … Monty Python did a skit on a radio talkback show where the host allocated ten seconds per caller or whatever … Gardeners Question Time it was called and an old fogey came on … started to drone … the host interrupting to hurry him up, frustrated.

Even this now is posted at the blog OoL and on X … how many find this way too wordy?

The thing which set me off was a girl on X who wrote something like: “Goodnight to all my loyal followers …”. You wot, love? Followers? Fans? Admirers, one of a multitude? Sorry, love … that ain’t me. For me, you’re an online friend or not … you know … mutuality? Friend? No friend? Bye bye.

And I do block hundreds who only want to argue. On X, it’s lovely as those I admire tweet something, I comment, sometimes they repost or re-comment … it’s online friendship in my eyes … I have zero concept of devoted “followers” … on the blog, we have visitors and repeated visitors … different way of looking at things I suppose.

Goodnight to MY devoted satellite followers?  Hardly, darling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unburden yourself here: