Thursday 7 September 2023

It's never about what they say it is ...

One of those things one never thinks about ... all that much ... and then does ... suddenly:


Fiber optics, or optical fiber, refers to the technology that transmits information as light pulses along a glass or plastic fiber.

A fiber optic cable can contain a varying number of these glass fibers -- from a few up to a couple hundred. Another glass layer, called cladding, surrounds the glass fiber core. The buffer tube layer protects the cladding, and a jacket layer acts as the final protective layer for the individual strand.

Fiber optic cables are commonly used because of their advantages over copper cables. Some of those benefits include higher bandwidth and transmit speeds.

This is how my strange mind got to this point ... I awoke this morning to knee pain in my right diode ... the way I was sleeping ... and my thought was arthritis ... which made me think of copper bracelets for tennis elbow ... had one of those, long lost ... was reading yesterday just how expensive copper is now ... deliberately made scarce ... then posted MftWC's point "i" ...

It’s never about what they say it’s about – what are they hiding?

... which made me think deliberate scarcity and when I briefly took economics at university and they taught us that economics (Keynesian we were taught) was the "science of scarcity" ... something, I presume all those good little Tawney commies knew and swore by ... create scarcity.

Of course, with the fibre optics ... extol the wonderful benefits of speed and other c**p we don't need and suddenly we're onto the advertisers' wet dream ... making out that you couldna have lived without this product ... whatever were you neanderthals doing before?

You see where this is going, do you not?  We're even getting into notions of aesthetics ... beauty ... and the globopsycho's idea of the sheer beauty of a denuded land with wind farms and solar panels, no more telegraph poles ... of wood ... and a proprietary owned alternative ... fibre optics ... owned by globopsycho and meted out if you're a good boy or girl ... for a price ... until the day you're refused.

Why can ye not start over with log cabins? Because Gates nominally bought up trillions of trees and cut them down, while legislators banned wood burning on pain of hefty fines ...

... and so on and so on ...

I'm starting to get a nasty feeling about all this ... are you?

1 comment:

  1. James, I often have these nasty feelings. Whenever a change in law is mooted I ask myself the question 'what is the problem to which this is the solution'. Not the problem they cite but a problem to me further down the line. It is safe to assume that any minor tweak in laws is the thin end of the wedge. For example, I predicted that legalisation of homosexuality would eventually lead to calls for legalisation of pedophilia, and here we are.

    ReplyDelete

Unburden yourself here: