Saturday 6 May 2023

What will this weekend bring?

The Right Honorable and Inimitable Julia has left it blank in the posts queue inside OoL just now … we normally discuss ahead of time how we’ll approach a festivity or commemoration and generally we manage to find an OoL position.

Perhaps the best approach is that we can show our view on issues such as the justice system, the invasion, other topics, because we’re all pretty much at one on those. Alas, not so on the coronary weekend and I addressed this at the N.O. personal space in a midnight post.

See, the issue is that there really are a goodly number right into today … the pageantry, the pomp and circumstance … a friend of mine and her mother have all the bunting up and the patriotic teapots out … and I say fine, that’s patriotic and festive and well done. Because after all, are we not for our country and the freedom it once embraced?

Those fine folk … and they are fine, largely apolitical … I’d love to have a cuppa or pint and a natter with. 

What they have not the slightest clue about though is that certain personages not loved by the ordinary people of the land are running the land … hence the subject matter of our blogs.

The patriotic teapot people, bless ’em, then gaze over at us who are not clapping for Chas and interpret that as unpatriotic, whereas we’re very much patriots … for our sceptred isle, for our people, for our flora and fauna … just not for the clowns attempting to do the people down.

And what makes it difficult for the likes of me is that I was very much into Kate’s and Wills’s wedding, plus Pippa’s posterior, I was posting in support of a hereditary Lords, strange as it might seem … before I woke up. But I’ll be damned if I’ll support this clown’s “green” destruction and his attempt to stamp out the faith.  Let alone the Diana issue.

It’s a sad split down the middle of the country and I confess I don’t even know Julia’s stance … nor Grandpa’s.  All I’ll say is that those for whom this is the biggest thing since 1953 … fine, have a spiffing weekend, you all, and as AKH put it at his place:

Casually patriotic boozing with friends perhaps.


Have a lovely weekend!

1 comment:

  1. James, I cut my lawn. It seemed the right thing to do.
    Also,
    For today I have adopted the old adage: if you cannot say something nice about a person, best not to say anything.
    Though
    When he was younger, didn't the Americans refer to him as Chuck?

    ReplyDelete

Unburden yourself here: