Thursday 17 October 2024

Life Ain’t a Bed of Roses

 


In entertainment value, to me at least, the caterwauling of so-called pop songs dials zero. My musical interests, with very, very few exceptions, are entirely within the Classical Music sphere.

But I heard this morning of the death of Liam Payne, of the One Direction pop group, and I suddenly realised I had watched a film which, I firmly believe, was certainly based around Liam Payne’s early success as a pop star.

The film was called ‘Forever My Girl’. The ending was of course different to real life, with the singer marrying his childhood sweetheart, and singing along with his newly discovered daughter.

The evidence? Possibly circumstantial, but in the film, the singer suddenly becomes super-famous, and disappears into cloud of recordings, performances, booze and drugs. In real life, after the appearance on the X-Factor show, they were literally taken over, and their families didn’t get to see them for months on end, as was stated on the radio.

Me? As I said,, very few exceptions, and that film was one of them. No Mozart, but a good story, backed up with some believable Country music.

1 comment:

  1. It irks me a little that the headlines are all some form of ‘died’ rather than (as seems obvious) ‘committed suicide’.

    ReplyDelete

Unburden yourself here: