Thursday 10 October 2024

“Healthcare” in Britain

… or “one of our highly trained professionals will be with you shortly”. At TCW, the frustration of healthcare in Britain yesterday bubbled over:

After about a month I had heard nothing so I contacted the GP surgery asking about the results. Rather than offering an appointment for me to discuss the results with my GP, the surgery sent me a (completely incomprehensible to me) three-page print-out full of medical terms and measurements I had never heard of giving the results of 28 analyses the blood-testing lab had done.

As I have no medical training, this was worse than useless to me. So I started to wonder why my GP had no desire to discuss the results with me either in person or in an on-line consultation. 

Yet, while my GP seemingly doesn’t want to engage with me about the results of my blood tests, I am constantly getting emails, SMS messages and even phone calls from the surgery encouraging me to have all sorts of wonderful vaccinations – covid booster, meningitis, shingles, pneumonia, flu and probably a couple of others I’ve forgotten about.

In fact, the day after the surgery emailed me the blood-test results without offering me a GP appointment to discuss them, the surgery phoned me to encourage me to come in for a flu vaccine and a covid booster.

My own (rare) experience of trying make contact with the surgery is to be met with some recorded commercial name, the usual press one or two, giving some long url online, saying these are highly trained switchboard operators and highly trained medical professionals but if I dared to abuse them, all calls are recorded and ae (presumably) to pass on to the nearest serious crime squad. 

That disembodied menu followed by some awful, loud noise behind, supposedly post-2000 “music” I think it’s meant to be.

The final joke is that I am 4, 3, 2, 1 or next in the “cull queue” (sic). 

Oh and yes … the constant stream of texts urging me to come in now for a vaxx … interesting but in NI now, they’re in the process of becoming mandatory, these vaxxes … a karen’s paradise.

1 comment:

  1. The answer’s simple -it’s their funding setup. They get paid for vaccinations.

    ReplyDelete

Unburden yourself here: