Sunday 17 March 2024

The cashless plus digital-less society

In other words … grand theft from depositors on a massive scale. On that Sainsbury’s cash crash again:

“Disgraceful by sainsburys today. My Mum arrived in local branch and was told they can only accept cash due to tech problems.” Yes, I heard similar through the morning. I suggested she try Morrisons. I usually took cash equivalent with me in case card didn’t work.”
… come other reports from up and down the country:
“I went to get cash yesterday machine broken .Post office closed .Went in coop and ask cash back could only give me £10. Machine been broken for a week .Hairdresser only takes cash. Long story short - I managed to transfer payment. What a pain.”
Another replied:
“You can do ‘chip and pin’. Just so slow.”
(Cough) Think it’s a bit more than just a temporary inconvenience … think it may have been a trial run.

1 comment:

  1. Funny - had the same problem in our local Wetherspoons on Wednesday. Could only accept cash. Or you could use the app to order instead. Something's going on.

    ReplyDelete

Unburden yourself here: