Thursday 28 December 2023

A quick tale of projection

Two days ago, through to the ipad ticker came a reply from some clown to my comment in support of a provocateur.

Let’s back it up and people will form their own opinions … I could make a case either way but chose to support one side.  Thing was, it was not even a political forum … it was just a film we’d run. 

This lady had come in scathing about the Woke left’s support for Hamas, she did have a star of David in her moniker … well, did the roaming, surfing Wokerati ever pile in. I do agree she should not have started it but the sort of reaction was truly mental pack behaviour … whereas hers had been deliberately provocative, yet lone wolfette.

I thought whether to let it go or not, esp. their portrayal of the “sane centre-right country, family things” we do labelled as “far right” and “racist”. 

It wasn’t so much that as the way they pack attacked her which got me. More fool me the way she’d left someone like me to be the sole one defending her … I knew what she was doing, I’m sure she did too.

Anyway, the predictable happened and this was the interesting bit. If the prevailing mood on our side of politics could be described as “simmering and not so simmering anger”, his was smug, intellectual correctness … he knew the tropes, the buzz words and phrases, the global narrative and procedure … arrogant plus, pure university undergrad, fed by the professors.

No, I did not reply, which he would interpret as Victory but which, had I engaged, would have trashed the film poster’s comments thread … I was about to start in …

The interesting aspect was that Them, the minds behind the Wokerati, had obviously studied us, our outraged way of writing, speaking, the phrases we use for the Wokerati themselves … and thus he said to me that if I could just get off the kool aid one moment and see what was really happening … his words dripping with sarcasm … I might get half a brain back.

In other words, he’d adopted our very manner, our everything … he’d hijacked it in fact, lock, stock and barrel, undercut us so he’d think, which made me think of Gladstone of all people … I’ve a quote here from the Oxford Book of Quotations … this was the exchange:
Disraeli (on Gladstone): A sophistical rhetorician, inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity. (Times, July 29, 1878)

Gladstone: I absorb the vapour and return it as a flood. (In Lord Riddell on public speaking, Some Things That Matter, 1927 ed.)
In other words … Gladstone’s whole shtick was to win debates, appear as a statesman … all me me me, technique, mocking manner … (cough) but nothing about the actual plight of the people suffering.

From there you could go to the Irish “leader’s” doublespeak or Tedros’s narrative trotting-out ad nauseam. The only thing they are after is power, control, corruption of every placeperson, agenda, narrative … again, zero to do with people’s concerns … why should they be concerned? 

Who’s ever going to “vote them out”? They’ve been promised they are the Elect, as safe as houses … maybe Airmiles might remember that in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unburden yourself here: