Monday 21 August 2023

Don't You Believe In The Rule Of Law, Then, Rachel..?

Rachel Riley, the co-presenter of Countdown, has said she will stop supporting Manchester United if the club allows Mason Greenwood to return.

Oh? Who on earth is he? I'm not very up to date on my footballers...

She told her 684,000 Twitter followers: “I’m with Em, I won’t be able to support United if Greenwood remains at the club. We’ve all seen and heard enough. Pretending this is OK would be a huge part of the problem.
“It would be devastating for my club to contribute to a culture that brushes this under the carpet … I really hope they do the right thing.”

Gosh! What was he convicted of, then? As I said, I'm not really up to date on my footballers.

Well, Reader....nothing:

Greenwood was arrested in January 2022 and in October of that year was charged with attempted rape, controlling and coercive behaviour, and assault occasioning actual bodily harm. Greenwood denied all the charges and they were dropped in February.

Well, that's awkward. Why did they drop it? 

In February, the Crown Prosecution Service said it had dropped the charges against him because there was “no longer a realistic prospect of conviction” after key witnesses withdrew their cooperation from the investigation.

Rachel needs to be careful. It's easy to say things in the heat of the moment and then have to expensively face consequences, as she should be well aware...  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unburden yourself here: