Wednesday 2 November 2022

Never Mind, Dafydd, Better Luck Next Time...

Dafydd Roberts, defending, told the court: "It is clear alcohol was an inhibiting factor in relation to the offending. He no longer drinks any alcohol. His mental health was problematic during the course of this relationship. Since then he has improved his mental health significant (sic) and he feels in a far more stable position.
"There is a very distinct difference between the Louis Costes who appears before the court today and the one who behaved in the way he did. He has been slow to grow up but he is now showing elements that he is growing up and changing his ways."

Oh, right, well, I suppose that's just this side of plausi... 

A statement read out on Ms Jones' behalf said: "Before, I was a happy young mother who enjoyed spending time with her child and family. At the beginning of the relationship, we were happy and we got along like a house on fire.
"It wasn't long, after a couple of months or so, that it all began to go downhill. I got so stressed and anxious I would throw up."
But Costes interrupted, saying "this is all f***ing lies, I'm sick of this s*** - joke" while sat with his arms folded. He then began crying.

Whoops! 

Sentencing, Recorder Mark Ford KC said: "It is apparent to me that your remorse is rather limited and that you have sought throughout this case to minimise the nature of your conduct. You reacted with distain to what she said.
"I have no doubt that, at the time, the victim of your offending was terrified. You are a jealous, impulsive man unable to control yourself - as you demonstrated all too clearly before me."

I bet Dafydd has used that same argument every time. I wonder if he will again? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unburden yourself here: