Monday 17 October 2022

Don't They Have Google In Canada..?

Ms White, who originates from Canada but has lived in east London for the past ten years added: 'I'm Jewish and the swastika is racist and anti-Semitic. I don't understand why the hotel have got it there and their explanation is offensive.'

 Unfortunately for you, snowflake, it's also completely accurate: 

After contacting the hotel on her behalf, she was told by Booking.com that the swastika in the Plough Inn bathroom is the one associated with Indian culture and not Nazism.
Despite its links with Hitler's regime, the swastika is originally a sacred symbol in Hinduism and a common sight in homes and temples around India.
Good job you never took a Tube out to Upminster, you'd be too horrified to get off!
But Ms White insisted: 'I appreciate the cultural significance of the swastika but regardless of this, we are not in India. This is in a hotel in Norfolk where it has completely different connotations.
'The hotel's reasons for having a swastika are just nonsense. They can't claim ignorance-everybody knows what it stands for. It should be removed immediately but they are so unapologetic about it. For me, this is active racism.'
But they aren't claiming ignorance at all. You, however, are showing plenty of it.

4 comments:

  1. Here's a suggestion for these nuisance whiners - if you don't like what you see, don't look at it and if your hotel decor upsets you, change your hotel.
    And stop whining at everything that doesn't fit into your ridiculous fantasy world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are, of course, two swastikas. The clockwise one is associated with good karma; the anticlockwise with evil. The Nazis used the latter (by accident or design, who knows). Maybe the hotel's swastika is the former?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had a look and it certainly looks to me to be a Hindu/Asian swastika and nothing like the Nazi one. If you don't know about the other uses for this symbol and only know of its association with Adolf and pals then it's easy to get things wrong. I did it myself before I knew more about Eastern Religions when I was working in the print game. We received a job with lots of these Eastern Swastikas on them and I queried this with my head of graphic design. He laughed and said the customer is a Hindu and not a Nazi and quietly explained to me what it was all about. What I did not do is whine and whine to the press about a swastika that was obviously not a nazi one.

    This woman has made herself look like a complete fool. All it would have taken would have been a little research and she might have got away with not looking like an idiot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And now, when anyone Googles her name... 😏

      Delete

Unburden yourself here: