Thursday 4 August 2022

Lady doctor

Consider, ladies and gentlemen, maybe even discuss:

https://dailysceptic.org/2022/08/02/the-real-reason-the-nhs-is-failing-hint-nothing-to-do-with-covid-or-lack-of-funds/

I am not suggesting in any way that female doctors are inferior in quality or professional esteem to their male counterparts, just that they make different choices about working patterns for entirely rational reasons, and that this demographic shift was predictable and indeed predicted. Increasingly, their male colleagues are making the same choices, for reasons I will expand on.

The recently elected President of the Royal College of Physicians writing in the British Medical Journal has described those of us raising such questions as “ill informed, ill conceived, ill willed, outrageous, and discriminatory”.

It is simply impossible to have a rational discussion in public on this point, so I’m not going to bother trying. I simply observe that in 1987 there were 68,777 doctors on the medical register in England for a population of 47.3 million One doctor for 688 people.

In the whole of the UK in 2022 the figures are 350,000 doctors for 67.44 million – one doctor for 192 people.

The medical workforce demographic no longer meets the demand. This is not due to having an inadequate number of doctors – it is a consequence of how those doctors choose to work and how they have been trained. My cohort of doctors in our mid to late 50s are predominantly male and coming up to retirement – so this problem will get a lot worse, before it gets better. Which leads me to my next point.

Consider professional training. Two decades ago, a trend towards ‘problem based learning’ in medical education arose in direct challenge to the traditional medical school curriculum. A central tenet of PBL was that doctors ‘didn’t need to know’ the really hard science stuff in order to be efficient clinicians.

 And now a counter-argument put by Graham Parker and me:

It would be derelict of me not to note that it's certain ladies who have eased my way through the system, from my GP who had an ambulance to me eight minutes after my heart attack, with two men doing the medical bit inside, to the nurse who sorted my med impasse and also got me past other barriers, to the NHS lady on the phone who must have put something on the screen, such that I've been largely left alone ... and so it goes on.

Just seems to me horses for courses, I've no personal complaints, just against the high up admins.  Though there's one man there I must eternally thank.

On the other hand, I'm well aware of our Grandpa's story ... not good, not good at all.

2 comments:

  1. The issue I have is that in the (imaginary, and patently fraudulently biased) name of “equality”, women have not only become the majority in certain professions, but that they have been employed whilst … only being able/willing to do a portion of the job.

    The most skilled, capable and competent Combat Medic I know is a woman, yet I thank The Lord that when I was shot (on foreign fields) it was a male Medic there to treat me, because, no matter how competent, she simply can’t do the really important stuff like, you know, move the patient (either to a safer place, to treat, or to move on to secondary care).

    In any job you care to mention (ambulance, fire, police, armed forces, medicine – and yes nursing too, as a male nurse you are required to float around the hospital doing all those heavy/hard/difficult jobs ‘the girls’ can’t/wont do) the issue is the same. If you are ‘required’ (by law) to employ women who can/will only do part of a job, you ‘must’ then employ men to do the rest. But … you can’t afford to employ as many men as you would without all that budget being spent on women, so those men end up working much harder, and service provision still falls drastically.

    In a pure meritocracy, without all the manipulative and fraudulent sexual politics, only the most unusual woman would have ‘any’ job (the whole feminist ideology is based on the patently false premise that those uniquely capable and competent women who ‘made it’ in the professions previously were … representative of the average woman's capabilities and … choices. They weren’t, they really weren’t, they were the one in a billion, seriously unusual, outliers).

    What we are/have seen in medicine, with the (forced) greater percentage of women making up the profession is that, even with increasing numbers, there is less availability (for the cited reasons), and is merely representative of what is occurring in every job and profession. The experiment (although it was always known this would be the outcome, but they used it to gain power, status and wealth nevertheless) is an abject failure, but … they wont give up on it (and their power/money) without a total collapse. Such is the guaranteed progeny of feminist ‘equality’.

    I have no issue (in fact support) women’s access to all fields, but just on a level playing field for a change. But … in such a world, almost no woman can compete, and thus they will never, ever accept this simple reality. (and as we watch the collapse, the one other guarantee is that ... it will be 'the mans fault').

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are moving inexorably into a matriarchy and I believe the reason is weak men. This will not end well for our country and just about all Western countries.
    Just look at the kind of men who infest our public institutions, be it politics, police, medical, the judiciary, education. I can't think of one who I would trust to come to my aid in an emergency.
    The situation will only improve when we have patriotic white, Christian men in positions of authority.

    ReplyDelete

Unburden yourself here: