Friday 17 May 2024

Just Obey The Rules Like Everyone Else Has To!

A barrister, who asked not to be named, told The Mail on Sunday that security guards at the court behave like 'night club bouncers'. Another barrister added: 'Some are thinking of a boycott here.'

Like you'd ever pass up money. Just bloody do as you're told, you're not special.  

Defence solicitor Dele Johnson said guards wrestled him to the ground after he refused to take off his shoes in a security search. Mr Johnson, 37, said it was like the ordeal of George Floyd, whose murder by Minneapolis police, as he protested 'I can't breathe', sparked the Black Lives Matter movement.
'I never thought I'd also be saying 'I can't breathe',' said Mr Johnson. 'I was just trying to do my job.'

What do you think the security guards were trying to do then? When someone tries to circumvent security?  

Mr Johnson's identification card was checked when he arrived as a duty youth court solicitor last Wednesday. After leaving the building to have a cigarette, he agreed to a pat-down search when he returned but refused to take off his shoes, which he said resulted in four guards forcibly removing him.
With a defendant waiting for him, he re-entered the building via a side door but was blocked from entering a court and allegedly grabbed by 'four or five' guards.
'I started swinging, I felt I was fighting for my life against five men to stop them grabbing me,' he said.

You deliberately evaded security and started fighting with them when they tried to stop you. I guess standards have fallen further than anyone thought if someone like you can be a solicitor. 

4 comments:

  1. "Mr Johnson, 37, said it was like the ordeal of George Floyd, whose *murder by Minneapolis police,* as he protested 'I can't breathe', sparked the Black Lives Matter movement."

    *
    Dear Lord! Not that old chestnut again. Read the damn autopsy report!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have these arrogant prats ever been told to take off their shoes at an airport? I have, several times, and each time I decided I wanted to travel more than I wanted to be argumentative.
    They presumably knew the rules before they attended the court building. The time to protest perhaps was before going there. Or isn't it necessary these days for lawyers to know the rules and to adhere to them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m currently on jury service myself, and go through a knife arch and get handbag and wand scanned every day, so I have little sympathy- have already seen one prospective juror kick off because he’d brought in a bag of tools (!) so he could go to work after and didn’t want to let them take them off him, so stormed out of court. He was black too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A solicitor soliciting for compo.

    ReplyDelete

Unburden yourself here: