Tuesday 7 November 2023

If no one cares at all … what then?

First off, I count Leggy a mate and hope he reciprocates, though I do have these “strange religious leanings”. ☺️

This means that the loony left (not the actual gay people, note, it’s the usual proxy victimhood shouty sweaty wild-eyed loonies who always do this) demand that I declare support for something I don’t care about, while the intensely religious demand that I denounce something I don’t care about. Well, both sides are welcome to watch me not care.
On the face of it, that seems perfectly reasonable and I’ll not take this argument below over to Leggy’s home, it being his home, but I shall certainly mention over there that I’ve written on it at OoL.

Right … to the issue and it’s the old attribution to Edmund Burke … if good men do nothing. It’s not, imho, farfetched to use the “drowning man in the river” analogy … we walk past, he’s frantically waving, we wave back and continue on.

Ok, substitute a drowning child for a drowning man … same reaction? I think not.

Ok, what of industries being shut down over climate lunacy? Why do Them continue? Because no one speaks out of course. Just look at that M&S ad which they rapidly pulled because of its vile tackiness … they do watch and listen, these pains in the neck … they do react … unless there’s an agenda from above impervious to what people are saying and needing.

“Well, both sides are welcome to watch me not care”

That begins to ring a little hollow, no? In fact the PTB are wholeheartedly counting on us either not caring or being too fearful to give a mouse-squeak … it’s factored in.

I’ll go further and say that that stance, in itself, is just as extreme as that of the “intensely religious”. See, there’s a middling type place, is there not … more “let it be” than “micromanage every bloody little detail of other people’s lives”, but not actually “not caring in the least”.

Now please don’t jump on me accusing Leggy of not caring about anything because otherwise, why would he tweet on issues? Of course he cares … there are things though, as he states … which don’t move him either way.

In principle, fine and I quite agree … we look after our own first … but sometimes some one takes one of those “not interesting” issues and weaponises it, starts lawfare over it.  And ordinary people see a trend starting and it’s a bad trend … it ain’t going to end well for the people of the land.

What then?  Still say nowt? Just because we do not personally care about that particular issue? Don’t forget Niemoeller’s famous line:


See, if we sit back, remain shtum on something clearly bad … and what do we consider bad by the way … well, the devil’s in the detail, no … if we do that, fail to holler about it, fail to use our spending power as a society for example … then Them above will continue with greater and greater outrages. 

What then? Do we sit in the corner of our urine soaked, stinky new cell, moaning to ourselves?

One though for us all to bear in mind:

3 comments:

  1. Over at our place, reader prm wrote:

    I understand where Leggy's coming from; I used to live very near there; ;).
    But it puts me in mind of the quote you mention often about how we just wanted to be left alone - but Them wouldn't allow that. Rather like trying to be a pacifist; it doesn't wash if those around you want war. Now you have to take sides. I'm seeing plenty of intelligent atheists realise there's another dimension to this...and it doesn't matter what your beliefs are, only one side is the Good here...

    I responded:

    prm … yes, it all comes down to red lines, doesn’t it, rubicons, hills to die on, as in which? Yes Prime Minister dealt with it too … “salami tactics”.

    We and those nearest us have to decide, agree … this is the point beyond which we don’t go. In my case, if someone breaks my door and enters, then I aim to kill, no questions, no debate, I’m too old now to debat, I need the element of surprise. You see, I’ll go to prison anyway, whatever I do … so they’re being taken out first if I can. No guns here, there are other ways.

    So that’s it … it’s all about what DO we truly care about? And then we need the cojones to stand by that, the spine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://youtu.be/o861Ka9TtT4?si=ZXXs2RgIq-TCPPp2

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Loving your own isn't the same as hating others" - very true.
    And loving others isn't the same as liking them. As John MacArthur says, loving someone is warning them of the dangers going to hell despite not liking them.

    ReplyDelete

Unburden yourself here: