Monday 6 February 2023

How Are We Going To Know..?

GPs last night threatened to strike...
Ahahahahaha! Good one!
....over a proposed NHS contract they say fails to pay them enough to see patients.

Well, since they haven't fully got back to seeing patients, why should they expect to be paid? 

The doctors’ union claimed the rates on offer do not take account of inflation – and vowed to take industrial action if the Government and NHS England refuse to renegotiate.

They should refuse. Call their bluff. 

The NHS is braced for strikes on four days out of five next week, with nurses, ambulance staff and physiotherapists walking out.

This is a concerted effort by unions to bring down the government. It can't really be anything else, can it? 

2 comments:

  1. I understand that GPs are paid according to the number of people on their books, rather than the number of people they see. So, they now claim they aren't being paid enough for not necessarily seeing people. For more than six years, I had no cause to seek medical advice from my GP and I now wonder how much she was paid for not seeing me? When I did need advice, I had to write to her (couldn't get an appointment) and received telephone text from receptionist that an appointment had been made with a nurse for blood tests. Saw the nurse, lovely lady she was, but it was left to the receptionist to tell me my blood results showed mild anaemia, and a prescription could be collected. Never saw the doctor. Perhaps It's the nurses and receptionists who deserve the pay increase? They seem to be doing all the work.
    Penseivat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And why haven't the useless Tories fixed this? Well, answered my own question there, didn't I?

      Delete

Unburden yourself here: