Friday 14 October 2022

The Price Of Failure...

Her son, a retired telecommunications engineer, has now received an apology and £1,000 in damages after taking Barnsley Council to court.

You might think that's a pitiful sum for hanging up on your dying elderly mother who had pressed the button she thought would bring help when she needed it... 

Outside court, Mr Belk said: ‘It was never about the money, it was about trying to get justice for my mother and get an apology from the council.
‘It was a shoddy service. The call operator should have called myself and an ambulance the second she realised my mother was unable to speak up. My mother would have been expecting help, having pressed her red button.
‘Lying on the floor in agony was a horrible thing for her to have to endure in the last few hours of her life.’

If you consider you've had justice, good for you. Me? If that was my mother they'd treated that way, I'd prefer somthing a little more...Biblical.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unburden yourself here: