Friday 30 September 2022

In Truss we reserve judgment

Update

Just been looking at the Tory Conference at last (Oct 2-5) and participants.  Bleedin awful, e.g.



It appears the whole thing is sheer bollox, pure far leftism.  And here was I naively hoping it may have become conservative again.

Earlier post

Ladies and gentlemen, I’m going to rewrite this morning’s post in the light of two letters and a conversation.

Ignoring the Libdems for now … the Lab 30 points ahead bit made me react negatively … no one sane could put in the party of ankle bracelet MPs, out-and-out communists such as Starmer and Corbyn, paedos like Harbag or Hewitt, expense account fraudsters … and so on.  

To my mind, the only two who ever spoke out in the current era and who paid for it dearly were Sarah Champion and Kate Hoey, both Labour.

However … and this is a big however … we have what we have and if I had a choice of China, Biden, Soy Boy, Micron, Jackboot Ardern, anything in Australia … or Truss, I’m thinking Truss please for now.

The govt wrote the other day, offering me a modicum of moolah, which I did not take up, as it’s yours and my money, that.  But this morning I received a letter from the power co, telling me my prices were going up, come October 1st.

I did the maths on the unit price and daily rate and I’m about £7 a month worse off. Hmmmm, I can live with that.  So far.  They also said the govt had prevented them charging more.

But that wasn’t all.  There were other little changes which both gave you back some, plus took from me … but overall, it was bearable, cushioned.

Compare that to this from City AM:
However, the government will need to go further to overcome its credibility crisis. It has maligned respected institutions such as the Bank of England and the Treasury. Truss unceremoniously sacked Tom Scholar, the permanent secretary, in an attempt to burnish her anti-orthodoxy credentials. But to win back some international respect, she should look to someone with an eye to the world stage. It would not be popular within the Conservative party, but a voice like Mark Carney’s could send a serious signal to international investors and start to steady the ship.
Respected institution?  International respect … from whom?  Carney, the Canadian illuminist?  Why not Warburg or Solvay?

Yes I know that if Liz doesn’t accompany that with stopping propping up the Ukrainian clown, stopping the ruinous climate bollox and starting getting rid of the invaders, then it’s as if she’s done nothing.

However, think, in practical terms, as to the least bad scenario just now and … well … let’s be careful what we wish for in the short term.

Now tear me apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unburden yourself here: