Sunday 8 May 2022

Whither the unWoke English blogosphere in 2022?

I chose that designation 'English', not from any home country animosity but because of the home bases and/or the perspectives of said bloggers. 

In short, there seem precious few left, compared to 2010, say.  After reading that Tim Montgomerie had gone to Unherd, then departed, looking at Mick Hartley, and various blogs on my rolls, unWoke English blogs such as TCW do seem pretty sparse across the ether.

This below, from Laura Perrins, now seemingly under the TCW umbrella, is about how Andrew Neill turned out to be the great letdown for everyone and one hot topic was his attitude to the treatment of poor refuseniks:
In fact, families with loved ones who died or suffered severe side effects after receiving the Covid vaccine say they are being ignored. More than 1,200 claims have been made to the Vaccines Damages Payment Scheme (VDPS), which should award up to £120,000 if a causal link between vaccination and severe reaction, culminating in injury or death, is proved. To date, the government is yet to pay out any form of compensation for affected individuals. Some applicants have been waiting nearly a year, despite families having medical confirmation that vaccination was responsible for the death of their loved ones. 
Well yes, plus many other unWoke topics we need to blog on but dismayingly, as I go to various sites' own blogrolls and sample, we really do find a lot of cuckery going on.  The Slog's still mostly good, our Julia, Longrider does his thang, Legiron has slowed to a crawl, Dick Puddlecote's gone, some of our numbers have died, Samizdata is left-leaning.

I'm just wondering if there are still some unsung unWoke England based blogs around.

3 comments:

  1. This article has driven me to explore my bookmarks for the first time in about two years. I didn't get far because there near the top was House of Dumb. I remember it well from the days that I had plenty of time to read, how could I have forgotten it? Shame on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://houseofdumb.blogspot.com/

      Delete
    2. He still features regularly on my monthly blog awards! But I guess none of us are as prolific as we used to be...

      Delete

Unburden yourself here: