Tuesday 19 October 2021

Strange bedfellows

I'm not a Roman Catholic, I was christened into the Church of England as a baby and yet our family was not in the least religious, nor political.   I vaguely knew my father's politics but can't be sure.  My childhood was study, riding my bike with the kids and football. Plus girls in the latter stages.  Now I'd say I'm a political animal, as all political bloggers are.

My youtube watching I can list - the last few were Letterman/Conan, a Dirk Bogarde film, the truck driving issue in the UK and The Art of Noise with Rik Mayall.  So why on earth would youtube recommend this one to me in prime place?


Furthermore, why would I, knowing both Julia's and Grandpa's views on the matter and given the walkout at OoL nearing a decade ago, run this youtube?  

The answer is - just watch the man and consider what he is saying.  Hmmmmmm, is the church becoming highly politicised, or is it finally doing as the Catholic Church should have and didn't do during Hitler and Stalin?  Because if the Catholic Church about turns and swings in behind our side of politics, I'd say the Great Reset is going to be quite different to what the miscreants imagine.

4 comments:

  1. Powerful words. Words which people of all faiths and no faith should heed and practise. Living in pretence is to lose our fundamental humanity, isn't that what liberty is all about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Priest in the video is an interesting character. He used to be a Protestant Pastor (some US sect, disremember which). Married, a good family man and a fine leader of his congregation. Not being of a closed mind, he did his own studies and followed the history.

    He decided that his particular belief was 'misinformed' (as the current word is bandied around) and that the Catholic Church was the only one, True, Apostolic Church established by Christ Himself, and that despite it being populated and run by men who would inevitably get some things wrong, do wrong and make a poor fist of things, would nevertheless carry the Word faithfully down the ages.

    He rejected the notion that some egocentric oicks through history and especially in modern times, considered themselves to be better establishers of churches.

    He told his congregation. He explained his journey and declared that he was going to leave and become a Catholic. They (pretty well) all listened and agreed and converted with him.

    Talk about leadership and going against the conventional wisdom!!

    So he is a married Priest. One of quite a few.

    ReplyDelete
  3. James,


    I honestly don’t know why you think my views on any subject would make me dislike this particular video, as this priest succinctly states my own viewpoints, but with a great deal more polish and verve.

    My only caveat from the video of this truly polished professional?

    Why only YouTube? With over 175,000 views in only ten days, I fear it will be only days before the great Youtube Regulator’s mallet wipes this fantastic contributor off of the Internet for ‘disreputable opinions’, or some other garbage beloved of the lefty censorship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I commented some time back in https://mikecunningham.wordpress.com/2016/02/05/the-wages-of-sin-is-death/:-

    As a one-time religious participant, my thinking was to a certain extent coloured by that type of thinking; but now speaking and writing from a strictly factual viewpoint, I reckon that abortion should remain legal, but should be bound with far stricter rules and blocking procedures.

    ReplyDelete

Unburden yourself here: