Monday 7 June 2021

It's Victimhood Chess, Not Poker!

Posting on Twitter, Andrea wrote: "I’m absolutely disgusted. This nail Salon Style Studio in South Wimbledon called me to cancel the appointment because they don’t do nails on man.
Andrea added: "When she first called up and asked me directly 'Are you a man or a woman?', I was puzzled, because that question asked with that intention felt transphobic anyway.
"Once she heard my voice, she went 'Oh, so you're a man', and hung up the phone.
"I was shocked - what just happened? But I felt like I had to say something, so I called them out on Twitter and Instagram."

Of course you did, sweetie... 

"Best part is that I identify as gender fluid, so I'm also a woman."

Errr, no. I don't think that's how it works. 

But I think the nail bar woman's queen is in trouble here. 

Salon Director Maria told the Wimbledon Times that the cancellation was due to the beautician's own religious beliefs.
She said: "As a Muslim woman she is not allowed to touch another male under any circumstances.
"It would not be out of place to mention that the same way Andrea has stated on all the social media platforms that there must be equal treatment towards non-binary or transgender individuals, I strongly believe that the beautician has the same right in relation to her religion."

Ouch! Check, mate!  

"Furthermore, we only have one beautician at the salon at the moment, due to the lockdown and Covid situation."

Oh, throwing in covid is just overkill! 

3 comments:

  1. Brian, follower of DeornothJune 07, 2021 6:07 pm

    The sad part is that they can't both lose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twitter and Instagram. The only places with an audience for such entitled whining from the mentally disturbed

    ReplyDelete

Unburden yourself here: